Followers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Hasta La Vista VOLT!

After over three years of working at VOLT in Redmond today is my last day. Looking back at my time here it has been a great place to gain real world work experience, make some friends I know I'll have forever and quite simply "grow up". I remember my first day in March 2006; I was scared to death! Not sure that I would even be able to handle the duties of my new position (Administrative Assistant) and intimidated beyond belief by everything from the key card reader to the coffee maker... don't even get me started on all the new software programs I had to master! However, as time went on I learned all that had once scared me and more!

Eventually after several failed internal interviews for other positions (ever get the feeling that certain people simply don't like you no matter what you do or say?!) I was promoted to a Recruiter on the Northwest account. Again, even though I had been sitting back and waiting for a spot to open up and studying everything that Recruiters did, I was scared. I was overwhelmed by all my new responsibility and quickly learned that you weekly 'stats' can make or break you. But through the mentoring of some awesome people I feel I became a pretty decent Recruiter, though be it right before I left for Maternity Leave.

Anyway, to wrap this all up, I'll be sad to leave the office today for the last time. Packing my desk will start soon as will telling my team mates... VOLT has been very good to me and in turn I only hope "they" feel the same way about me.

Stay at home mommy status here I come!!!

2 comments:

Candace Nelson said...

We will miss you! but i am glad you get to be a stay at home mom!! it will be so much fun!!!

Danielle said...

Hey there!! So happy that you guys have a blog to keep up with :) And lucky that Eli will have a guy partner in crime on our side of the family :) They might be able to hold up between all those girls :)