Followers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cravings


So last night it hit me, my first true pregnancy craving! I was vacuuming and could not stop thinking about how good a root beer float would be. My fantasy went on for about 20 minutes before I looked at Eric and told him, "The baby and I want a root beer float!" He looked a little confused but quickly caught on to the fact that I was not joking around; at that point nothing mattered more to me than the satisfying mixture of ice cream and root beer. Quickly he got in his truck off to commandeer the tasty treat.

...10 minutes later I was literally waiting for him at the door. He had my sweet, sweet float in one hand and a peanut buster parfait in the other. I hurriedly went to the couch to watch the premiere of our summer time vice "America's Got Talent" and devour my goodie. Then disaster struck! The good people at Dairy Queen had let the root beer syrup run out in the pop machine. My treat was in fact no treat at all, but ice cream and brown-ish colored soda water! It tasted awful!!!!!!! Eric felt bad and volunteered to go back to the store and get a new one, but I told him it was OK. By this time my vigor had been crushed. I ate as much of the ice cream as I could and ended up throwing half of the disastrous "float" away.

Oh well, one thing I know for sure, its only a matter of time before a new craving hits me. Next time I hope the planets are aligned in my favor! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the Rootbear Float was a disaster. It looked good in the pictures, though. Yummy...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.