Followers

Friday, June 27, 2008

A letter to my baby

To the unknown,

Today you're on my mind a lot. Its a beautiful day here and I'm sitting at my desk looking out at the sunny world and thinking about how lucky I am to have you. Although we haven't "officially" met yet, I'm your mother. I can't tell you how strange it still feels to refer to myself as a mother... But you, my dear have given me this title, a title that I will carry for the rest of my life. No matter where I go, or what I do, I will forever be some one's mom. Though I don't yet know if you're a son or daughter (two weeks from today we find out) you are mine and I am yours.

To you I make the following vows:
-Your dad and I will raise you to know and love the Lord.
-I will never be too busy to read you a book, have a tea party, go on "adventures" in the back yard, etc.
-I will tell you daily (even when you're grown and have a family of your own) that I love you.
-You can count on me. I want our relationship to be one of respect and trust. No matter how good or bad the news might be I want me, your mother, to be the first one you call. I might not always be happy with you, but I will always love you.

I know that you and I are meant to be. You are part of God's great plan for my life and I am honored to be your mother.

Always,
Me